Saturday, July 25, 2020

What's in a Name?

This week we were given a task to know more about our name and why we were given this special name. Part of the instigation was trying to know as much as we can about who gave us this name and if it has a special meaning. The origin of the name and if it has any culture background or history associated with our family name. We had to find out if we had a special ceremony when we were born like for example, a naming ceremony, a christening, or a family gathering. So here’s everything I learnt about my name 


JOANNA : Greek origin, it means God is gracious.


My dad chose my name as it’s biblical name from Greek origin (my dad’s great grandma was Greek) 


As an Egyptian Coptic Orthodox I was baptized at 80 days old. (boys are baptised at 40 days old)


My family name is iskander which historically originated from Alexander the Great.


No comments:

Post a Comment